Education is the sheer joy of discovering new things each day, thriving to become an ideal person, and turning desires into fulfilled dreams. It is a journey where an idea becomes an invention while young minds become excellent professionals. One such key personality sculpted her passion for education and students into a decades-long successful career. Meet Emilia Fields, the Founder & Principal Consultant of FIEC (Fields International Education Consulting). To enhance the International Educational Experience, Emilia focuses on guiding the youth with utmost dedication and holistic development.
FIEC is a platform offering world-class consultancy. It brings enthusiasm, passion, world knowledge, and the ability to operate at all levels according to the individual needs of students, staff, schools, parents, educators, and agents.
It is a global gateway providing solutions and strategies for international schools during a period of rapid changes in a globalized world. The organization has extensive teaching experience ranging from Primary & Secondary to University lecturing. It also conducts conferences in Australia and overseas with Post Graduate and Research on International students studying abroad. FIEC works with a mission and a commitment to good practice. With these core strengths, Emilia hopes to make a difference for the international students’ welfare and well-being.
The organization expands its offerings through professional and dedicated service and a personalized consultation process. Emilia’s strategies aim to achieve specific objectives to suit the individual organization, agency, educational provider, families, and students.
The Reality of Being a Global Leader
Emilia is a global expert and a key personality in the education consultancy space. Her role deals with challenges on a day-to-day basis. She believes that challenges are part of the journey and that is what makes it exciting.
We need to listen to the needs with heart and mind, assess what is needed, and act on it with compassion, care, and vision. Evaluation of such actions will need to take place constantly to ensure that outcomes have been met and stakeholders are satisfied with the respective strategies.
As a Founder and Principal Consultant, Emilia works day in and out and gives priority to her organization. Hence, the best piece of advice she has ever received is that she puts so much time and passion into her work as a leader that she should take more time out for her well-being.
A Taste of the “Secret Sauce” of Success
Here are Emilia’s leadership principles that have contributed to her success:
- Extensive appreciation of the complexities of the human considerations as well as the regulations associated with Education
- Vision, Inspiration, Innovation, and Commitment to the work and its responsibilities to the people she serves.
- Nurturing personal qualities such as passion, positive affirmation, love of oneself, dedication, and inspiration (I have a dream…)
- Believing that every individual can be empowered with lifetime skills, intellectual curiosity, and skills for a happy life journey.
- Cultural Competency – An appreciation and celebration of global citizenship, and inter-culturalism amongst countries together with a positive spirit, goodwill, and cooperation.
- Holistic approach and practical strategies which cater to the landscape, structures, and policies.
Failures are the Stepping Stones of Success
Emilia comprehends that there are no failures in life. Every action a person takes is a learning stepping-stone to a better and more fulfilling life. It gives comparative breath and a spirit of appreciation. “We learn from “not getting everything right.” What one person may consider a failure, could have a completely different meaning for someone else. Arriving in Australia from Italy at the age of fourteen with no English and a very different school system proved to be a challenging time for me making me feel as if I was failing …. I did turn it into a success when I mastered the English language and adapted to a new culture very quickly. I felt success as I climbed the stepping-stones to reach that special and positive mindset which is especially important for good well-being. I learned that one needs to choose the battles wisely as this will help to achieve expected goals”, shares Emilia.
Emilia’s version of Success
She defined success as being happy, healthy, intellectually inspired, safe, and especially loved. It’s the ability to reach goals and dreams, do our personal best, and balance life with passion. Have faith in yourself and try to become the best version of yourself every day. Recognize and be grateful that life is filled with abundance, family, friends, love, and work.
“Success to me is overcoming fears, learning something new each day, standing your ground when you believe in something, celebrating diversity, helping others professionally and personally and of course loving and being loved back.”
The Greatest Achievement
Emilia is the recipient of many prestigious worldwide awards. She has been honoured for her excellent performance and leadership in International Education. To choose from the bunch of accomplishments is a tough choice as every individual achievement is a piece of that tapestry that makes you who you are today. However, the greatest and fulfilling accomplishment would be the privilege of having taught every level ranging from Primary, Secondary to University lecturing and therefore being able to have a holistic approach and mindset to education and the global citizen.
Also, some of her recent awards include- 2020 Best New International Education Consultancy Australia, 2020 Best International Student Program by Independent School- Australia, 2020 International College of the Year Australia.
Leadership Style and Skills to Master
Leadership is a challenging role that involves the hustle of grinding in and out, taking risks, maintaining brand identity, and constantly growing. However, each leader is different and has a unique leadership style and skillset. Let’s take a sneak peek at Emilia’s leadership:
- A caring and patient leader
- Listening to individual needs both in mind and heart.
- Knowledgeable and well experienced in the field; “I walk the talk”
- Widely sought out for her knowledge and advice, and highly respected by professionals
- Creative, caring, diligent, determined, and does make things happen
- An inspirational leader and a role model for others.
- Appreciation for her team members
- Believing in value-based services
Integrating Top Ideas for a Fruitful Tomorrow
As a leader, Emilia envisions implementing these ideas for illuminating the young minds of the global world:
- Student voice within schools and universities
- A holistic approach to Teaching and Learning
- Post Covid-19 strategies and solutions to achieve specific objectives
- Mental Health and Student Welfare
- Comprehensive network with global education agents
- Inspiring others to “Stand up and be Counted”
- Student recruitment and promotion
A Prosperous Future
FIEC provides services across all facets of International Education. It includes student welfare, intensive English programs/ international programs, recruitment, visa regulations and compliance, education agents, promotion, network, and more.
In the upcoming times, it looks forward
- To enhance the education of students and specifically the international tone within the institutions
- To ignite more passion and care for the students of all ages,
- To strengthen students’ voices,
- To enjoy a global and unified perspective so that our young people can enjoy a more thriving future
Emilia’s words of wisdom, my “Vision” is to strengthen and celebrate Multiculturalism, Global Citizenship, and inter-culturalism and for us the enjoy more fully our “Global Village”.
Leave a Reply